This one is super easy..
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil whisked with 2 TBS of fresh lemon juice and a little bit of sugar added.
- Thyme, pepper and a dab of Dijon mustard to taste in the dressing
- A bowl of your favorite farmers market greens - Arugula works well
- Very very thinly sliced green onions
- Pears sliced
- Goat Cheese Crumbled
- Walnuts (or sliced almonds)
Mix the greens and dressing in a large bowl, plate it and then stack the pears and sprinkle with goat cheese, onions and walnuts.
Know your Farmer Know your Pears....
This is from one of our Pear tress in our orchard garden which is companion planted with heritage almonds, plums and peaches. Big orchard trees need 25X25 per tree btw... you can read about our success growing fruit trees and dwarf trees here.
Bet you didn't know we had a celebrity goat endorsement!
Follow Castle Gardener. Permaculture and Organic Gardening tricks from a farm girl who has painted nails. And if you read this far that is my castle in the background of the pear. In the US no less.. :-)