|Potatoes for Sale at my Local Farmers Market|
Potatoes are plentiful in my local farmer's market this time of summer. I love to boil up the tiny new ones and use them in various potato salads. Serve them with some simple sliced summer tomatoes, corn on the cob and something from the BBQ and you have the quintessential summer menu.
|Fresh Organic Potatoes|
|Not Your Church Potluck Potato Salad|
- 8 or so fingerling and small purple potatoes cooked and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 shallot minced
- 1 cup celery chopped
- 3 T mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 t Dijon
- 1 t raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 T fresh chopped thyme
- fresh ground sea salt and black pepper
- organic bacon fried and crumbled into bits
Combine all ingredients except bacon in a bowl and stir gently. Top with bacon bits.
|Sriracha Whipped potatoes|
- Whip 12 of your favorite peeled white potatoes into soft peaks.
- Add 1/.2 cup of Mayonnaise
- 3 TBS of organic Sriracha sauce
Sriracha sauce, named for the region it comes from can be found in organic versions. It is made with Chilies, vinegar, salt and garlic. The chilies contain Capsaicin which can boost metabolism. We think it helps boost your system overall increasing serotonin. Garlic lowers cholesterol and blood pressure.
Follow Gourmet Chief and Master Gardner Sue Pipal. She writes at Eat Thrive Heal