|Photo by Craig Rippens Marin Farmers Market|
Grammy Browns Cabbage Salad
- 1 Head of Cabbage Shredded
- 1 Bunch of green onions chopped
- 1 TBSP Sesame Seeds
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 Package of Organic Ramon Noodles crushed (they make them google it)
- 1 cup virgin olive oil
- 8 TBSP Seasoned Rice Vinegar
- 4 TBSP sugar
- 1/2 tsp Accent or seasoned salt
Want to know how to grow Cabbage?
Cabbage is easy. It is a cold weather plant so plant in early spring or autumn. It does not like hot weather so mid summer is out! We like containers or raised beds to keep the moles and voles at bay.
- Plant an organic start or seeds
- Plants take 70 to 120 days so if you sow seeds every few week you will have continuous cabbage. Water as needed.
- Watch for a firm center head about the size of a baseball
- When it is firm to the touch (after at least 70 days) you can harvest
- Cut off the big outside leaves for your chickens.. keep the head
- Cabbage will hold about 2 weeks in a refrigerator
Follow the Castle Gardener. Perfecting permaculture and organic practices that are NO WORK and can be done by a farm girl with painted nails..