There was a big infestation of Squash Bugs and Borers last year, and many lost a portion or all of their crop. The best way to treat them is by Natural (Organic) methods. I'll list a few of those methods for you. Some of these methods will work better than others for your specific situation, so if one method doesn't work for you, then you might try another.
COMPANION PLANTING--One of my favorite ways to deter them. In many cases, planting these around and among your Squash plants will keep them away. The best plants are:
1) French Marigolds
2) Catnip--Repels everything
3) Dill--Sprinkle chopped up leaves on Squash plants
START EARLY--You can start your Squash and Zucchini early indoors, to get a fast start once your last projected freeze is over. By the time the Squash Bugs get active in the garden, your crop will be almost ready for harvest, and so will not incur much damage. This may work for you, and then may not.
EARLY PREVENTION--In Late Spring/Early Summer, you need to be on the lookout for Squash bug eggs. They are very small, shiny, and copper colored. Squash Bugs will lay them on the undersides of leaves on your Squash plants. Check your plants frequently, wipe off eggs, and put them in a bowl of soapy water. This will wipe out many of them before they hatch and start damage.
SOME NATURAL SPRAYS/TREATMENT--You can try these 3 sprays.
1) Basil Spray--Squeeze 2 handfuls of Basil leaves and stems, put in 1 gallon jar, add 1 gallon water, and then sit in sun for 4 - 8 hours. Strain the liquid thru mesh, add 1/2 teaspoon liquid soap, mix, and then you can spray on your plants.
2) Garlic/Onion Spray--Mix Garlic, Onion, and water in a 1 gallon jar, and let sit until it smells pretty strong. You can then pour some of this mixture around the base of your plants where the bugs congregate. Make sure to reapply after a rain.
3) Liquid Soap Spray---Mix 1 - 2 Tbsp of Liquid Castile Soap, or regular dishwashing soap will also work, with 32 Ozs of water. Fill a 32 Oz spray bottle with this mixture, and then spray your affected plants in the mornings--under the leaves and base of the plants.
4) NEEM Oil Spray--To make 1 Quart of .5% dilution Neem Oil Spray, you will use these ingredients: Use 1 teaspoon Neem Oil, 1 - 2 ml Castile Soap, and 1 Quart of warm water. You can up your dilution % to 1% solution by using 2 teaspoons of Neem Oil and 2 - 4 ml of Castile soap in 1 Quart of warm water. You then spray this mixture on your plants every 2 weeks to keep the Squash Bugs away.
Here at THE SEED GUY, we have a great 60 Variety Heirloom Seed package Special (25,000 Seeds) that has 50 Veggie Seed varieties, and then a FREE 10 Variety Herb Seed Bonus. In the Herb Bonus, you will get some Herb varieties that are companion plants, also. Small Farm Grown, Non GMO, and fresh from the 2014 harvest. Priced at $55. You can click on link to our website to see Seed varieties included in package and to Order http://theseedguy.com/