|No PEEL Fast Plum Jam|
This is a super simple recipe we have been using for years.
- Cut a bowl of plums in half, remove pits
- Cover with 4 to 4 1/2 cups of sugar
- Mix and let sit at room temp for1hour
- Cover with Water, bring to boil and then reduce heat and let simmer for 10 min
- Allow to cool to room temperature (this may take a little while)
- Bring to boil again 4 times, returning to room temp between boils
- The Sugar in the plums will keep them from spoiling so you can do this over a day or so
- Be sure to stir so the mixture will not scorch as you bring it boil, it will thicken with each cooling
- Spoon into sterilized jars and lightly hand tighten sterilized lids, leave 1/2 inch of room
- Waterbath at a boil for 25 min with lids covered 1/2 inch
- Remove and turn upside down to cool completely
- Lids will be naturally tight and sealed.
Enjoy.. the texture comes out like a preserve and is delicious on pancakes and muffins!
You do not need pectin for this. And it is no work at all....
You can learn all about canning here. (it is much easier than they make it seem in this btw)
Photo: Craig Rippens, Marin Farmers Market
Follow the Castle Gardener. Perfecting permaculture and organic practices that are NO WORK and can be done by a farm girl with painted nails..