Popular Posts

Some New Greens from the Farmers Market...Quinoa and Ammaranth



Last week at my local Farmer's Market, I picked up some greens I've never cooked with before, quinoa and amaranth.  The farmer I purchased them from informed me that they would be great added to salads and also could be cooked up like any other green.  I washed them up, broke off their stems at the intersection with the leaf and tossed them in a pan.  Evaluation:  delicious!!

Sesame Greens



  • 1 shallot chopped
  • 1 clove garlic chopped
  • amaranth greens
  • quinoa greens
  • olive oil
  • sesame oil
  • sea salt
  • pepper
  • sesame seeds


Wash  and de-stem greens.  Remove quinoa flowers and seeds (see below).  Saute wet greens in a little olive oil.  When softened, pour on sesame oil, salt and pepper and top with sesame seeds.

Remove the quinoa flowers




__________________________


Follow Gourmet Chief and Master Gardner Sue Pipal.  She writes at Eat Thrive Heal